Flourescent Grunge Glam Background

Rainbow Cursor

Rainbow

Monday, October 21, 2013

Jati Diri Camp, Day 1

So. After we reached the camp, we listened to a short briefing about the camp. At night, the camp officially began and we were separated into groups. We were also introduced to the Money System where we would be rewarded if we succeeded in doing certain tasks. However, we would also be forfeited if we fail to do a particular task. Later on, we went on a night walk in the dark forest. We were given numbers and passwords beforehand. Then, the facilitators dropped us off one by one at certain spots throughout the forest. When it came to my turn to be dropped off, I was shocked as I found that there was no one behind me. I waited there in the dark for almost an hour before the facilitators came to pick me up.
I felt that the night walk really tested my courage. I thought that I would panic in the forest at first. However, to my surprise, I did not feel really scared. I focused on keeping calm and I tried to observe the night scenery around me. I also sang some songs to myself to stop myself from thinking too much as I would panic if I let my overactive imagination wander. I found that the forest was not as scary as I thought it would be. However, I did not sit down throughout the time I was dropped off as I heard frogs around me and was worried that they would jump on me. Hence, I ended up squatting in the dark. I had an awful cramp in my legs later when I stood up. My legs felt wobbly as I walked unstably back to the campsite.\
I was very tired when the walk ended. I fell asleep very soon after I got back to the dorms. I was so tired that I did not mind the bad condition of the dorms.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment